Thursday, July 10, 2008

Almost One!

I'm feeling a bit sentimental. I know it's 1 month away but I can't believe Mina is about to turn 1. One year old. ONE. YEAR. OLD.

Already she's losing that "babyness". Books, clothing labels, etc. insist on calling her a toddler. I want her to remain my baby!

I know I can't stop time. Well, I'd like to share something I created to show how she's evolved this past year, and also a little poem that I created. Since I"m not a poet, you'll have to bear with me:


Almost One


Who knew
Who knew that the sun
Would rise and set on you
Who knew that slumber would not be missed
While sunrise found me watching you

I never knew that time could stop
Or my heart would too as you smiled at me
I never knew that time could move so fast
Or my eyes would tear as you bloom before me

As a seedling shoots and grows
As each of your petal unfolds
Little did I know, I knew so little
Slowly you are teaching me

I have so much to learn of you
Who knew

6 comments:

Toni said...

This is so sweet, Tintin. :)

Analyse said...

oh, she looks dalaga already on that last pic.. time flies tin.. whenever i check louna's blog, i get sentimental too..

Jet said...

children don't stop being your babies just because they've grown up, much like parents don't stop being parents just because the children are living on their own. ang layo na ng inabot ko no, 1 year old pa lang si Mina... hehehe.

JO said...

don't worry, its still a long way before she learns to answer you back... so in the meantime, just enjoy your time together.

raqgold said...

ang bilis talaga ng panahon! and with kids, you wouldnt see those years passing by as you'd be focused on your baby growing up :)

Mec said...

aww sis... this is such a sweet poem!!!

i hear ye!