Monday, April 27, 2009

Note To Mina



Dear Mina,

You're growing too fast. You're growing too soon. Haven't I asked you repeatedly, with plenty of pleases to please stay my baby a little while longer? Why must you break Mommy's heart so soon. You're running toward the Two's with open arms, a glint in your eye and a Wheee! to accompany it. I don't like it. Pause a little, sit here on Mommy's lap. There, was that so bad.

Oh dear, there you go again.

Tonight I told you two bedtime stories. Not one I read from a book, but one I made up myself. The lead character was Mina of course, and in both stories she was fighting Moomoos (monsters)and winning because she is tough and strong. I cradled you in my arms and you looked up at me with wide eyes, but with no grin. Just a very serious look, like you understood every word I said. And you did because you're so smart.

Daddy will be home in a month or so. He's gonna have his socks knocked off by how cute and adorable, and smart you are. I have never met a baby as charming a you and that is God's honest truth.

A baby. Soon to be a toddler. No hurry, ok? No hurry. Sit on my lap, in my arms and I'll tell you more stories.

3 comments:

justice said...

touching and beautifully written, tin.

rolly said...

I have said the same thing to my daughters before. That never stopped them from growing, too.

The good thing is you get to enjoy watching them grow and each phase is a joy in itself.

Chubskulit Rose said...

She's gorgeous!

btw, can we xlink please?