Saturday, November 14, 2009

Missing My Daughter

I don't work but I go to school full-time. It's tough. I am in an accelerated program and it is busy as busy can be. True, we are in class only 2x a week from 5:30-10p but when you've got two tests in one week, each covering 10-14 chapters EACH, you better be hitting the books in between. Those 2 days, I already miss dinner, storytime and bedtime. Those other days when I'm with my study groups, or I'm in a library or book store studying all by my lonesome, I miss a heck of a whole lot more.

So I miss Mina. My husband, yes I miss him too but he doesn't go around preferring someone else when I'm not around as much (I hope hehe). Mina does. She's Daddy's girl. I want her to be my girl because she is the absolute most adorable thing in my life.

Yesterday I took her to the park to make up for it. We brought food to feed the duckies and she looked so funny trying to throw it to them and having it land only a few feet in front of her. The ducks would go nowhere near it. Then I had her on the swing for a while. And she did the slides a few times. But her favorite part was the sand in the playground. She just sifted through her closed fists again and again, fascinated. She was barefoot, insisting I took off her boots and socks. This girl does not like playing in shoes anywhere except the house. I know some parents would have had a fit at the thought of all those germs in such a common area as a playground. But what the heck, I wanter her to play. I followed her, and played with her a little bit while messing with the sand but mostly I just watched. I wanted to take a picture of her but I remembered that I forgot to bring it. So the image of her just rolling the sand through her fingers will just forever be in my mind. Her hair in a ponytail, her pink tracksuit smudged with dirt and chocolate, her bare toes peeking out from under her bottom. It's all in my mind. And I hope to never forget it.

No comments: