Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Child Reflects Upon Me

Does every parent believe that?

When Mina screams and hollers impatiently outside I think it's a failure on my part to instill self-control in her. It doesn't help that my mom says all the time that I and my brothers never did that (i find it hard to believe, selective memory perhaps?). And I know its ridiculous for me to think that my 1 year old will have self-control. Quite impossible. Still the feelings sometimes comes unexpectedly and persists.

Another example of reflection. If Mina goes outside, I always make sure she's dressed well. I mean, always! If she's madungis (unkempt), I feel like people will look down on her, and on me as a parent. At least I don't buy her Baby Dior or something crazy like that. Still, she definitely has a better closet than I do. What does this say abut me? I want to teach Mina not to be ruled by what others think. Am I being a hypocrite?

Questions, questions.

No comments: