Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Feist on Sesame Street Sings 1-2-3-4

My daughter and I can watch this show over and over on Youtube. It's of Feist singing up to 4, but kiddie-centered. I just love her voice! Mina is fascinated watching it and I comply by keeping on hitting the play button.



One thing I noticed about Sesame street, they don't use the multiple cut to different scenes that an animated show or some other type of TV show uses. It's pretty much one camera that moves to different angles. I have written before that I won't be letting my kid watch TV for various good reasons, one being the abnormal pace and the multiple cut scenes in programs, which have been linked to short attention span and at worst, ADD. I wonder if the type of camera work done in Sesame Street for example, can be attributed to these problems that may be common among children that watch TV on a regular basis?

The other reason experts tell parents to avoid TV is because children need physical engagement much more than the less than ideal engagement with fictional characters on TV. And for the record, we watch A video like this one for only about 20 mins. a day. I usually show her videos of herself, but sometimes she gets bored of those too.

1 comment:

Thess said...

Oh dear me, even I got fascinated and watched this 2x ha ha! It's been a while since I last watched Sesame street (like 3 decades, geez! lol) I love this singer's voice! Is she popular in the US?
Mommy Tin, I saw Mina's video where she was pointing at her body parts when asked to, so smart!

You 2 ladies and W have a great weekend!

regards from Holland,
Thess