Monday, December 22, 2008

Last Thoughts Before Christmas

I would like a place of my own.

There, I said it.

It's not bad living with my parents... to tell the truth at least it's not my in-laws. Not that they're terrible people. It's just that I'd rather have a spat with my side because I know how they are, plus I know all their quirks and such; as opposed to hubby's family with whom I'm not as familiar.

But I miss having our own SPACE. Think of all that entails. Use your imagination. Everything you own has a place and every place has things you own. Our stuff is in storage. We hardly buy anything because we know we don't have any place to put it.

Today was another reminder of the lack of our own space. We went to the mall to buy one last minute gift and found this wonderful buffet set that keeps your food warm for parties. Hubby wanted to buy two; one for us and one for our gift recipient. I had to gently remind him that we're not likely to hold a party anytime soon (I don't feel comfortable doing it at someone else's place and my parents aren't big on entertaining), and we don't have a space to store it in until we do have our own place again. I really felt so sad and nostalgic for our old house. I just googlemapped it and did a street view right now actually. Sigh.

I miss choosing furniture. Woody actually detests our presently too-high (in his opinion) bed, and wants a low bed. I saw this beautiful espresso sleigh bedroom set online that should pass his standards :). The price isn't bad at all for everything it comes with.

I would love to be practicing cooking and baking right now in my own kitchen. Right now I can't bake because my parents don't have the necessary tools so I could experiment.

I would even get a thrill from decorating a bathroom. :)

Is this a dreary post or what? Don't worry. I plan to always keep my mind on the positives in life. For a Xmas cheer from my home, visit my other blog.

Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

notsquare said...

(((HUGS)))

Maligayang Pasko!

Jet said...

Jay and I were at the mall this evening and we did our typical stop at Barnes & Noble. I found this book entitled A House in Fez written by a certain Suzanna Clark. It's an account of how she and her husband found this old riad in Fez, of how they restored it using traditional craftsmen and handmade materials, of how they learned of Moroccan life and customs in the process and the many, many insights she acquired that helped restore her soul as well. I immediately remembered you and I click your link and read this. If it's any good, I'll send you a copy. :) P.S. just don't go setting up house in Morocco, ok? :D

tintin said...

HI Jet! I will not be moving anywhere where corruption, social class elitism is rampant and where women are subjugated without remorse!

In a more informal note: Haay! Thanks for thinking of me! I miss you!

Christianne said...

I definitely know what you mean, iba talaga sa sariling bahay where you get to decide how to furnish and organize everything. Just a year or two more and you'll have your own place again... save the money for now, and you'll soon have that sleigh bedroom set of your dreams (not to mention a fantastic room for Mina! The possibilities!)