Friday, March 14, 2008

I need a new baby bag and need ideas

This is reposted from Babies Online Blog

JJ Cole’s System Bag Review

jjcolereview.jpgI bought this diaper bag when my daughter was 3 months old. The bag is touted as a system bag that can work well with strollers, or without. It comes with a sizable diaper bag which when folded, includes a handy wristlet handle and creates a pocket into which you could theoretically stuff a few diapers. The bag itself has many compartments, and comes with convenient attachments for the stroller. I like the variety of color too and found one that matches the color of our current stroller.

It’s a great bag BUT:

  1. With all the little compartments, I sometimes lose track of where I stuffed which item. There’s about 15 or so pockets and such and no, I haven’t used it all.
  2. Once I put a bottle in there, a change of clothes, two diapers, wipes container, my nursing cover, a toy, her little hat, extra bibs, baby food and spoon, diaper pad and a tiny bottle of disinfecting hand-gel it is simply TOO STUFFED. The little pockets don’t help when you simply have too much baby gear to bring.

With the price I paid for it, I have forced myself to use it exclusively all this time. Recently though the extra jars of food I added to the list of baby gear is making it much too crowded for comfort. I’m on a quest for a new, and roomier baby bag. Hopefully just as stylish (and yes, I do love the style of this diaper bag). Does anyone have any suggestions?

6 comments:

Analyse said...

i have the same bag with the same number of pockets :(. can't help you dear.

Abigail said...

baby couture bag are stylish and has a big room inside as well. They have a lot of styles and sizes.

Berto and Kwala said...

just hop on over the mall dear, there are a lot of choices, from small, medium, large and extra large! hehehe...

you can choose the design as well, if you want it cutesy or stylish, yeah, baby couture carries a lot of designs

tintin said...

THanks for the baby couture bag idea! I love them!

Christianne said...

We always used a backpack lang, hehe. Try it a couple of times, it might work for you. Having one big compartment is easier for me than millions of tiny little pockets.

WanderWish said...

I use a normal bag that's just big enough to hold the gear in and not too girly that the husband wouldnt carry it. hehe

Storksak and oioi have lovely lovely diaper bags. A bit pricey than the usual but they look so stylish. I am always looking for one on ebay!