Thursday, May 28, 2009

Veggie-Eater

It's really a gratifying feeling seeing you eat your veggies! I mean, sure you ask for cookies and chips for breakfast (and no, I don't give them to you) but when presented with veggies you do your share of eating. Even eagerly opening your mouth and chasing the spoon full of veggies on it if we aren't fast enough to feed you.

Mommy really tried hard to make sure you love your veggies. From 6 mos. and on, I gave you a variety of strained veggies, and I've made a concerted effort to serve you with fruits and veggies every day. Most days, you have adequate servings of fruits and veggies, even though we may lack variety sometimes: we're partial to carrots and broccoli. But I've just recently discovered you love green beans, snap peas, peas, even cauliflower.

I am very happy. I make sure I savor my veggies around you too, to encourage love of veggies even more.

I hope this doesn't change as you grow older.

2 comments:

justice said...

with all the junk food surrounding our children, it's really gratifying to see them eat 'proper' food. keanu is still into eating veggies and fruits but alyanna has entered the phase of pipilitin na.

Nel said...

hi.. veggies are the best indeed!:) we're vergetarians, thats why hahaha:) be blessed!