Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Generating Extra Income

With a baby comes inevitable added expense. I've cut way back by doing the following:

  1. Breastfeeding. Do you know how much this saves? Lots. Lots and lots. According to some sources, $2000/yr. on average. Added bonus: I lose weight in the process.
  2. Asking for diapers as gifts. I've had to buy only 2 bags of diapers since Baby Mina was born. She is almost 3 months old! She'll be moving on to Level 2 diapers soon. I've got a huge box of it from my baby shower.
  3. Making do with clothes we've received from friends and family. I've purchased 2 going-home outfits for Mina and a special dress for a wedding. Since the weather has been turning colder and we have very little sleepers for her, we visited Once Upon A Child and bought some sleepers at $4.50 each. Compare to $7-15 at Target, and even more at more upscale shops.
Every little savings has helped. But now comes the other half of the coin: generating more income. I have been against paid blogging for a long time, but I have seen some who have made it work seamlessly. My main gripe was that the paid posts were not the reason I started visiting others' blog in the first place.

I've decided to revisit my stance on this as the practice gets more and more lucrative. But I decided to leave my old blog alone and create a new one. Be up front and personal as to what it is. A mutually beneficial site where I will talk about tips on mommy-hood for others to learn from as well as generate extra income for my family. We'll see how it works out shall we?

With that said, I am claiming this blog for Technorati.

2 comments:

raqgold said...

hi tintin, thanks for visiting my blog... alam mo i am a believer of breastfeeding.. took me years before i weaned them. they never used bottles, instead, they went straight into glasses :D enjoy the benefits of breastfeeding!

JO said...

i try to buy diapers as gifts on baby showers and baptism...