Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What Kind of a Mom Will I Be?

Admit it moms, most of us at one point or another, have looked at our mothers and thought "I will never be like my mom." Only to realize that little by little, we have become, or are already exactly like our mothers.

Not to say that some of us didn't have great Moms that we want to emulate. But I think the majority of women out there know what I'm talking about. Whether we promised not to be as impatient (me), not to spank, not to be so strict, there's always something we hope to improve when it's our turn to mother our child(ren).

I'm not exactly like my mom. I think part of it is the temperament I was born with. But I do have her tendencies, especially the easily frustated, easily impatient part. I'm aware of it, and so I already have half the battle won. I just need to continually work on my temper when things aren't going according to plan. Let me repeat, it is continuous work. Since I have this tendency, it's not all of a sudden going to get fixed, and there will be moments when my temper will get the best of me. I just never want to resort to yelling or spanking my little one. I have regretted very little in my life, but that is sure to be something I will regret if it ever happens.

But what kind of a Mom do I wish to be? I have a very good sense of humor, so I hope to impart that to baby Mina. Her dad and I are goofy, so I most likely will be the jokey, laughing type. I would like to be the kind of mom with whom she can feel free to share most things with and not feel like she has to hide them. I would like to be a trusting mom, making sure of course that I raise a trustworthy, critical thinking, responsible, daughter. I want her to see me laugh often, hear me praise her often, and know I'm not one who's easily fooled.

I want to be a loving Mom, a Mom who she can trust to protect her. I may not be able to whip her up a gourmet meal like her daddy, but I will always do my best to give her rich and rewarding experiences.

We'll most likely have our battles. But whatever they are, we'll get through it with humor.

The reason why you'll hate me later
Picture of a Happy Mother and Daughter team?


Vote for my post What Kind of a Mom Will I Be? on Mom Blog Network

10 comments:

Thess said...

Darling Tin, you already are a loving mom...Mina's very very lucky to have you. She'll grow up knowing that.

You have a temper? don't worry , in due time (practice and patience) you'll be able to handle it.

Regards from Holland..kisses to tabachingching! (^-^)

Unknown said...

You're going to be a great mom, Tin...you only want the best for Mina and that's what matters most.

Motherhood can sometimes be challenging, but it's all worth it!

TeacherJulie said...

Knowing yourself and what you can and can't do is a good way to start being a the best mommy that you can be.

Enjoy your motherhood, Tin :)

Julie
http://teacherjulie.com

Leah said...

My thoughts exactly. We all want ot be great moms and we learn and grow with our children.

You and your daughter certainly will share lots of laughter together.

MegaMom said...

We never appreciate our own moms until we are moms ourselves!
I think all kids will go through that phase. In the end, we still all love our moms! So I have no doubts the answer is: the BEST mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. True! I always say that I will never be like my Mom but slowly I'm becoming to be just like her (even the widening hips) hehe.

The picture speaks a lot how goofy you are :)

mushroommeadows said...

awwwww...it's wonderful that you want to be the best mom possible! :)

bonggamom said...

Great post. The smile on your child's face in the picture says it all about the kind of mother you are!

PS: Thanks for the feedback on the video, I agree with you on the end rolling credits, I'll definitely change that!

raqgold said...

love is what makes the world go round... at this goes with being a mom, too :) all of us have tempers.. di ka nagiisa but it is how we handle that temper, am sure you'll be a great mom. sense of humor is good!

marie said...

What a cute picture of you and Mina!